October 18, 2015
(ANTIMEDIA) Bulwell, England – You wake up hungry. You’re in a hurry. You don’t feel like being bothered to scramble up a few eggs. McDonald’s is convenient. You know it’s bad for you, but it’s only one meal. You will definitely go back to eating right tomorrow, but that is then and this is now. Surely one morning of paying homage at the illuminated trough of processed sustenance won’t be the end of the world, will it? Well, for one 32-year-old man in the U.K., it almost was.
On the morning of October 8, Alan Evans found himself seduced by the glow of the nostalgic golden arches. In exchange for £1.99, the father of four received his bacon and egg McMuffin. But unbeknownst to Evans, Ronald McDonald had decided to throw in a complimentary side of super-sized misery.
After tucking in to the McMuffin, Evans was only a few bites in when he decided to add barbecue sauce to his sandwich substitute. Upon further inspection, he realized that the eggs he had just ingested were a moldy green color.
Evans stopped eating immediately, but the damage had already been done. Within a few hours, he began to be sick. He soon collapsed with food McPoisoning and was bedridden for FIVE days.
28-year-old Amanda Seaford eventually felt compelled to call an ambulance because her boyfriend was so ill. Doctors treated Evans with antibiotics, anti-sickness tablets, and an anti-fungal medicine.
“I just couldn’t stop being sick or going to the toilet. I’ve got really bad pains in my stomach,” according to Evans. “Now even looking at McDonald’s on television just makes me feel sick. I should never have contemplated eating a green egg. I just can’t believe I ate it.”
Evans reached out to McDonald’s but was angered by how the fast food retailer handled the poisoning of one of its customers. “I just can’t believe I ate it and all they offered was a free meal, they didn’t even offer money back.”
A McDonald’s spokesperson has said they are investigating the complaint. “The eggs used in our McMuffins are made with real, free-range eggs that are freshly cracked in the restaurant every day by our crew,” the McMinion stated.
Bad press is the last thing McDonald’s needs right now. It was reported earlier this year that 700 McRestaurants were scheduled to close in 2015, and just this week, many franchise owners stated they believe the fast food giant is “facing its final days.”
This article (Man Collapses After Biting Into Popular McDonald’s Breakfast Sandwich) is free and open source. You have permission to republish this article under a Creative Commons license with attribution to SM Gibson and theAntiMedia.org. Anti-Media Radio airs weeknights at 11pm Eastern/8pm Pacific. If you spot a typo, email email@example.com.
Since you’re here…
…We have a small favor to ask. Fewer and fewer people are seeing Anti-Media articles as social media sites crack down on us, and advertising revenues across the board are quickly declining. However, unlike many news organizations, we haven’t put up a paywall because we value open and accessible journalism over profit — but at this point, we’re barely even breaking even. Hopefully, you can see why we need to ask for your help. Anti-Media’s independent journalism and analysis takes substantial time, resources, and effort to produce, but we do it because we believe in our message and hope you do, too.
If everyone who reads our reporting and finds value in it helps fund it, our future can be much more secure. For as little as $1 and a minute of your time, you can support Anti-Media. Thank you. Click here to support us